Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Oh hey, I teach in Utah.

Me: "Ostyn, you really need to get writing. Do you need me to help you think of an idea?" 
Ostyn: "That's ok, I'll just pray about it."
(Folds his arms and closes his eyes.)
When I walked by two minutes later Ostyn was writing. He looked up at me with big eyes. 
Me: "Prayer works."



I wore a cream shade under my blouse one day. 
Liva: "Miss Earl, I'm pretty sure I see your Garments."




Me: "I didn't have time to get to that, alright. I am a very busy person. "
Liva: "Ugh, things mormons say..."




We were reading the Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
Liva: "Hey Miss Earl, do seeds have spirits, too?"




So I guess it's mostly just Liva who's open about her faith, but it still makes me laugh. 


Also Claudio said this to me today. 

"Miss Earl, you look very pregnant today."

Not just pregnant. Very pregnant. 

I replied, "Claudio, you just really hurt my feelings."

He shook his head really quickly and said, "No! I mean you look like Princess Peach!"


Sorry, Claudio. There's no coming back from that one.  

2 more days 'til Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Priceless! I love these anecdotes! Please don't ever stop sharing!! (Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do kinda look like princess peach...

    ReplyDelete