Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's Claudio (Said in the Mario Voice)

Today was picture day. Claudio came in his best button down shirt with a fancy corduroy jacket over the top. His hair was perfectly slicked.

As I was herding my kids to line up to get their pictures taken, I caught the following conversation:

Picture lady: Oh don't look fancy! Go ahead and take a seat with your knees facing forward. That looks great. Ok now can you put your hand down?
(Pause)
You look great, I just need that hand to come down.
(Pause)
Your hand is blocking your face can you put it down?
(Pause)
Why do you have your hand like that?

Claudio: It's holding my hat
Picture lady: But you're not wearing a hat.
Claudio: This is how Mario poses in all of his pictures.


Well he's not wrong.

I finally met Claudio's mother today. The first thing she said to me was, "He doesn't talk about Mario too much, does he?"

Hmmmm... How much is too much?

3 comments:

  1. Haha. That's super funny. He's not wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. At least she is aware of the problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this while people were over at my apartment, so I had to read it out loud in order to explain why I was laughing so hard. Everyone got a good kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete