Sunday, November 27, 2016

Blessing Day and Thanksgiving Break

We road tripped to St George for Thanksgiving this year. It was our first road trip with a baby and Rory was SO GOOD. She's the best baby. I'm so obsessed with her. 

appropriate road trip attire
 Stephen was able to bless Florence that Sunday in his parents ward. His Dad John, brother John, Nate, and my brother Bryan all got to be in the circle. It was a beautiful blessing and I managed to hold it together... mostly.
Bryan and Kendall came from Provo for the blessing and Kacey brought her girls with her from Vegas for the day. It was so nice to have so much family make an effort to be there for us. Kacey actually found Rory's blessing dress at a garage sale for $1. I added a little of my own flair (sparkly white flowers that you can't really see) and I thought it was just to die for. Babies in frills- is there anything cuter?
Unfortunately we didn't get pictures with everyone after the blessing because John and Lucina both had callings they had to stick around for, so basically only the sinners made the pictures. (Hopefully by baby number two I will have figured out this whole documenting milestones thing- sorry Rory!)

Ridley and Bryan 











Kacey found this stocking that already had Rory's name on it and just HAD to get it for a blessing day present. She fit right inside and Kendall's snapchat filters helped to take our Kodak moment to the next level. 
We got a whole week with the Marshes for Thanksgiving and it was amazing. Stephen got to play golf with his dad and go to a BYU basketball game, which basically equals a day in heaven for him. I got to hang out with my baby and watch way too many Hallmark Christmas movies, so needless to say it was a dreamy week. Lucina prepared an AMAZING Thanksgiving dinner with all the staple dishes and then some. Rory was fussing just as everyone sat down to eat so I stuck her in my baby carrier so I could still join them. She slept through the entire meal and I only dropped a couple pieces of stuffing on her head! I'm most grateful for the fact that I'm 25 years old and have still never had to make any important dishes for a Thanksgiving meal- fingers crossed I still have a few good years left in me!

Rory was laying in between Stephen and I on Thanksgiving morning and I said to her, "I can't wait to get you in to your Thanksgiving outfit." to which Stephen replied, "I have a Thanksgiving outfit!?!" 


my little turkey

cute cousins
 We took a little walk after dinner to burn off those five extra rolls we probably shouldn't have eaten and Rory slept through the whole thing again. I'm telling you, best baby in the universe.




Stephen and Cooper. Stephen's whole family is full of fun uncles. They put my side to shame. 

Family pyramid caught a little too late
 And the day after Thanksgiving it was time to start counting down to Christmas!


We hiked Snow Canyon with Linne's crew. Rory slept. 

We went to church before heading out. A ward full of retirees means an empty Mother's lounge aka the happiest place on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment