Sunday, January 20, 2013

"You say things!" -Robin

 And now, may I present a disjointed collection of quotes and pictures to describe my week in Maths with our lovely teacher Helen. Ahem...


Helen: Come on girls! Speak up!
*I speak up*
Helen: Don't be cheeky.

Measuring for our giant- Andrea: Brooke, your forehead is a lot bigger than you think it is.


Helen: Put your mind in gear before you put your mouth in motion!


This is Jaime. He is our Giant. He has swag. Obvi.


*me completely nailing Total Eclipse of the Heart*
Helen: Can you whistle?
Me: nope. 
Helen: Well you can't sing either. 


building a rhombicuboctrahedron


*Andrea takes picture of Helen*
Helen: Do you wish to live?
*Helen looks at picture*  
Helen: email it. I can use it on my dating profile.


nailed it. almost...


Me: These flies are so annoying!
*as I swat them away from me*
Helen: Well, you know they're only attracted to rubbish. 


Helen berating my math skills in the background.


Helen: WRONG!

Andrea's super impressive, and apparently offensive, spit fountain during our rap about adding doubles.


Helen: You'd get shot for that.


The tapas we created.


Helen: bin it.
Class: What?
Helen: bin it.
Class: What?
Helen: bin it! bin it! bin it!


so proud.


Helen: What is something you struggle with? (no pause for answer) I have one for you. You lack resiliency. You give up very easily and you have a hard time thinking outside the box (continues to lecture me on how its not completely my fault, but also a product of my raising)... But that is a lovely color on you."

Lessons Learned from Helen:
-Life is cheeky. 
-Leggings are most definitely pants. 
-There are apparently many academic disadvantages that children who come from big families face. 
-There is more than one way to skin a cat (horrible expression) but Helen's way will always be the right way to do it.
-Bin it = throw it away
-I may not be that smart, but I am pretty and I look great in pink. 

I'll take it!       

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow.

    Seriously, wow.

    So glad you are laughing (cause I obviously am)

    And you do look great in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just waiting for you guys to form a band to take down the evil Maths dictator. I'm expecting it to be a musical as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kylie, what a funny teacher. I do hope you used that famous laugh of yours during this.

    I have no doubt you will be resilient by the time she's finished with you.

    ReplyDelete